Depression Cherry- Beach House

 Well- what can one say about Beach House? I have been a fan ever since "Teen Dream" came out. This is their fifth album and I have read some reviews that leave me wondering if they were listening to the same album I was listening to.


This is a beautifully lush album... And yes it is slow moving. Like the waves lazily lapping up on the ocean shore on a sunny afternoon...as the water shimmer diamonds...

So yes- while it doesn't have the energy that "Bloom" had or the quirkiness and diversity of "Teen Dream," it is a beautiful album.

"Sparks" was the first single off of the album and it sounded like some restrained shoegaze song. When it came out I was thinking that they had changed their sound on the new album. Thankfully when I heard the album, I was happily surprised that the lushness and beauty had not gone away.

"Wild Flower" sounds like it could have been off of the album "Devotion." Very sparse and beautiful. "Bluebird" has a very unusual sound, sort of like a Top 40 synth song from the 80's. Very soothing and slow.

I suppose my favorite song is the last one, 'Days Of Candy." A chorus starts out the song, which blends into synthesizer landscapes of sound. It sort of reminds me of a 60's song by the Free Design.

The whole album drips of lusciousness, like biting into a piece of fruit, where the sweetness and nectar oozes out onto your hand... It's just a beautiful album.

Thank you Victoria and Alex, I always look forward to when one of your albums come out, and once again you did not disappoint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unsure

For The Recently Found Innocent- White Fence